Title I Parent Involvement Policy
Title I is a federally funded program which enables qualifying Auburn Elementary students to receive academic support. At Auburn, the focus of the support is on early intervention – kindergarten -2nd grade students, however support is offered for students in grades 3-5 as well.
Parents are an integral part of the Title I process. Research tells us that students perform better when parents are involved. We encourage you to be aware of your child’s academic level and be involved in the process.
Auburn Elementary will keep our stakeholders involved in the following ways:
· Parent-School Compact will be sent to all parents at the beginning of each school year. This compact details the responsibilities that all stakeholders– students, parents and school staff – have in the process of educating students.
· Parents will be notified if a child is performing below grade level and qualifies for Title I services. Specific qualifying data will be shared with parents as well as details on the type of intervention to be offered.
· If a child is performing below grade level and does not currently qualify for Title I services, parents will be notified at fall Parent-Teacher conferences about the identified deficiencies and will be given information for other types of intervention. Parents may request Title I services and attempts will be made to honor this request.
· An annual meeting of stakeholders involving parents, staff and administration will be held each spring. At this meeting, yearly services will be reviewed and plans for the upcoming year will be discussed. Parents will be notified and encouraged to attend this meeting. This information will also be shared with parents yearly at a PTO meeting in the fall.
· Parents will be given the opportunity to gain knowledge to support their children academically in parent workshops offered throughout the year. These opportunities may occur multiple times throughout the year, but at least one per year will be specifically focused on parents of students receiving Title I services.
· Parents are encouraged to volunteer as an ELV (early learning volunteer) where specific training will enable them to help other students.
· Parents will be given the opportunity to evaluate the effectiveness of their child’s reading interventions, the Parent Workshops offered, and the program’s overall effectiveness. This information will be collected through checklists, surveys, and questionnaires.
Following is a copy of the Title I Compact/Contract that is given to all families at Fall Conferences.
The Auburn Elementary School Family (students, parents/guardians and staff) have agreed to the following contract:
The Student Will:
The Parent/Guardian Will:
The School Will:
I acknowledge that I have read and understand this contract.
____ I understand that my child is performing below grade level and is receiving Title I support at this time.
____ I understand that my child is not receiving Title I support at this time. I will be notified at a later date if my child is to receive services.
Principal’s Signature Teacher’s Signature
Parent’s Signature Student Signature